Excel Class for Business and Industry
Learn the key Excel
topics and problem solving skills you need to
quickly accomplish everyday Excel workplace tasks.
Our 1-day class shows you the Excel
skills needed to perform a variety of tasks in today's workplace.
Businesses and organizations more than ever expect a higher degree of
Excel skills than just a few years ago and our class will deliver for
We cover the Excel basics like entering data,
worksheet formatting, copying / pasting, sorting, and filtering data.
Our class also covers need to know topics like problem layout, formula /
function construction, dragging and filling formulas, and basic chart
Join us and our class will show you the skill sets you
need to get up and running in Excel fast.
Key Excel topics covered in class.
- How to control Excel's Ribbon, dialog
boxes, shortcut menus, and help
- Controlling and selecting workbooks, worksheets,
- Typing, filling, and setting the number
format of worksheet data
- How to format worksheets, merge cells,
and make useful forms
- Creating and using shapes and pictures
to enhance a worksheet's content
- Design rules for worksheet tables that store
- How to layout a problem on the worksheet
and build formulas to calculate it
- Using worksheet functions to quickly
- Using Excel's filter, sort, and totaling
tools to report data
- Copying and pasting worksheet data,
charts, shapes, pictures...
- Creating basic chart reports in Excel
- Printing worksheet data and charts
Click to enlarge, scroll < > if hidden.
Pricing and class options.
Online Virtual Learning
- Price: $150.00
- Live, hands-on, talk to the instructor training
- Bring your own problems to class
- Online Details >
Dates / Signup >
Public In-Person Learning
- Price: $190.00
- Live hands-on training
- Bring your own problems to class
- We can supply a computer
Dates / Signup >
Onsite Hands-On Learning
- We come to you and solve your problems
- We cover in person in the USA and Canada
- We cover the world virtually using your time zone
Detailed class syllabus.
How to Control Excel's Ribbon,
Dialog Boxes, Shortcut Menus, and Help
- What is the Ribbon, a dialog box,
and shortcut menu?
- The 4 mouse movements that control
- How to use the Ribbon, its tab
system, and categories to control Excel functionality
- How to launch and use shortcut
menus and dialog boxes to control Excel functionality
- How to use Excel help effectively
How to Control and Select Workbooks, Worksheets,
- What is a workbook, worksheet,
cell, row, and column and how are they used?
- How to create, open, close, name, and save workbooks
- Navigating between open workbooks
and arranging their windows for easy use
- How to add, copy, move, rename,
delete, and view worksheets
- Hiding and unhiding worksheets and workbooks
- How to select a cell, range, row,
and column with the mouse
Typing, Filling, and Setting
the Number Format of Worksheet Data
- What is a number format and how does Excel store data in a worksheet cell?
- Typing numeric, date, and text values in a worksheet cell
- How to quickly change the number
formats for cells, rows, and columns
- Using the Flash Fill feature to automatically fill in values in a worksheet table
- Dragging and filling data down a worksheet in different patterns using AutoFill
Copying and Pasting Worksheet Data,
Charts, Shapes... in Excel
- How to copy and paste cell or range
- Quickly copying and pasting an entire worksheet's data to another worksheet
- Copying and pasting filtered
worksheet data to another worksheet to create a report
- Copying and pasting charts, pictures, drawing shapes...
- Using Paste Special to paste
specific parts of your copied information
How to Format Worksheets,
Merge Cells, and Make Useful Forms
- Resizing, inserting, deleting,
hiding, and unhiding worksheet rows and columns
- Changing the font, alignment, color, and borders of a worksheet cell
- Merging worksheet cells on a worksheet
- Creating and managing comments to flag
- Using all these features to create a
useful form on a worksheet
Using Drawing Shapes and Pictures
to Enhance a Worksheet's Content
- How to use shapes and pictures to
enhance company brand, visualize products, ideas...
- Inserting drawing shapes and
pictures on the worksheet
- Formatting, resizing, moving, and
deleting drawing shapes and pictures
- How to crop a picture on
Designing Worksheet Tables to Store Data
- How Microsoft Excel can be used to store vast quantities of
- What is a worksheet table and how does it relate to storing and processing data
- Worksheet table construction guidelines
Laying Out a Worksheet Problem
and Building Formulas for It
- What is a formula and how are they
used to perform calculations on the worksheet?
- Laying out a problem on the
worksheet so it can be calculated with formulas
- A review of absolute, mixed, and relative cell references and how to use them
to build formulas
- How to use the mouse to accurately
build formulas that multiply, subtract, add, and divide
- How to rapidly fill a formula down or across worksheet
- How to edit and correct a
Using Functions to Quickly
Calculate Worksheet Data
- What is a function, how are they
used and run, and what is an argument list?
- The basics of typing a worksheet function
in a formula and running it
- What is a range reference and how
to use one in a worksheet function?
- Using the SUM, MAX, MIN, AVERAGE, COUNTA,
and VLOOKUP functions to calculate data
- Dragging and filling formulas with functions down or across a worksheet
Using Excel's Filter, Sort,
and Totaling Tools to Report Data
- How to sort worksheet data using values, colors...
- How to use AutoFilter to rapidly
filter worksheet data for POs, IDs, Due Dates, SKUs...
- Using Remove Duplicates to remove duplicated values from
- Using the Subtotal feature to
quickly sum groups of worksheet data
Creating Basic Chart Reports in Excel
- What is a chart and where are they
created in Excel?
- Organizing your data on a worksheet so it can be used in a chart
- How to create a chart on a worksheet or chart sheet
- Performing basic formatting and editing tasks on
Printing Worksheets and Charts in Excel
- Checking the spelling on your worksheets and charts
- Setting your printing options in Excel
- Printing worksheets and charts
Excel skills needed for our
Select this Excel training if you or your group have:
- Performed basic computer operations like typing and using the mouse
- Never opened Microsoft Excel or have just seen it
- Never heard of a workbook, worksheet, cell, or cell reference
- Just typed data in a cell
- Never typed formulas
- Never copied, sorted, or filtered data
- Have no idea what we just said
The class details.
- Audience: Business, government, industry, military, engineering, science, techs... general audience
- Duration: 9:00 - 5:00 CT
- # of Days: 1-day
- Instruction Type: Hands-on, live, instructor taught training
- Full Excel Manual Included: Our 2200 + page
manual full of Excel tips, how-to-do topics and examples included with the training. Details >
- Excel Versions: 2010-2019, Microsoft 365, Windows and Mac
- Free Repeats: Repeat your Excel training. Details >
- Personal Examples: We review our attendees personal examples in our training instruction
- Available Training Formats:
If you need to contact us about
Phone Number: 1.805.498.7162
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CT
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org >
Contact us by form.
Need Help? Please call us at 1.805.498.7162
Copyright © 2002-2022
EMAGENIT All Rights Reserved